Thousands of surveys & medical experts has proved that the microdermabrasion is an effective treatment and a skin rejuvenator to bring a glowing, bright and beautiful look to your face.
Using microdermabrasion device regularly can reduce your scars, wrinkles, age spots, fine lines, etc. Most of the people try this at the hospital or in beauty salons, but what about the individuals who have no time and huge money for the treatments?
There is an alternative way, yeah you can perform this microdermabrasion at your home itself.
Working Mechanism Behind Microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion uses a physical exfoliation to remove the dead layer of your skin to provide a healthy look and glowing appearance to your skin; they also increase the cell turnover.
The process increases the collagen production and the elastic under the layer of the skin to improve the appearance and provide better skin complexion.
Few things you need to know before trying this treatment at home
Before going to the process, you need to know what will be the outcome of your treatment, the cost, etc. Here are few things you need to know about the procedures and the expectations.
- Microdermabrasion treatment done by yourself will not have same flawless effects as a dermatologist or professional perform.
- Know whether the chosen microdermabrasion kit suits your skin type perfectly.
- There are few simple microdermabrasion techniques that you can perform with your kitchen ingredients, but before trying you need an expert advice.
- Test the kits and then use it for your face.
- Single microdermabrasion treatment in a clinic would cost around $150, and you might need to take about three to six sittings for achieving the desired result, whereas microdermabrasion kits, devices for your home would cost around $300 to $500 and you can take many treatment with this device at your home.
How to DIY Microdermabrasion at Home
You can perform microdermabrasion treatment at your home and get the desired results if you are following the below process perfectly. Gentle is the key to achieving it, choose the products that are formulated as per your skin type, read out the directions for using it.
Start the process slowly and check how your skin respond to the process for further usage if you have any skin conditions like acne, psoriasis, vitiligo, patches, etc. consult a dermatologist before trying out in your skin.
There are many types of creams, clothes, kits and scrubs for performing this microdermabrasion treatment and do not use this treatment for your lips, eyes, nostrils and throat. Ok now let’s check the step by step procedure to perform this microdermabrasion by yourself.
Cleaning your Skin
- Cleanse your skin thoroughly with the gentle cleaner to start the process. Do not try harsh cleaners as there are chances for creating sensitiveness by making your skin dry.
- Now wipe off your skin with a neat towel and wait till your skin becomes dry. Do not try the microdermabrasion device when your skin is wet.
Applying the Microdermabrasion Kit
- Turn on the microdermabrasion device, with the help of your hand hold your skin tight while rubbing the machine on the particular area of the skin.
- Use the machine, kit or any device in an upward motion, performing downwards will increase your fine line, wrinkles, aging spots, etc.
- Do gently and do not use it in the same area for more than two passes.
Final Touch using Skin Care Products
Once you have completed treating the area, then turn off the Microderm machine.
Now finish the treatment using your skin care products like toner, moisturizer, etc. to keep the moisture and also helps your skin to keep hydrated and smooth.
Best 3 Picks of Home Microdermabrasion Products
Here are the top three picks of microdermabrasion devices you can use it in your home for all type of skin includes Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System, Kendal Microdermabrasion Machine, and PMD Microdermabrasion Kit.
Never forget to look for the factors like the suction power, device durability, type of accessories included with the product, cost of the machine, customer reviews from trusted sites to purchase the best Microdermabrasion device to use at your home, as you are not seeking any help from the dermatologist or any professionals.
Hope the above step by step instruction on using the Microdermabrasion system is useful. You can shoot out your questions, ideas, and thoughts regarding the topic through the comment section below.